Black Elks Club

According to Doug Chin's Seattle's International District, "In 1938, the African American Elks Club moved from the Central Area to the second floor of the Rainier Power and Heat Building at Jackson and Maynard (the same building where the JACL office was located). It remained there until the early 1950's and is noted as the club where Ray Charles (then known as R.C. Robinson) got his first regular paid performance."